A while back I wrote "Housework is Dangerous".
I still think housework is dangerous! Late last night one of the dogs got into the bathroom trash and shredded tissue waste all over our bedroom floor (a favorite pastime of theirs). I just swept up the majority of it and waited until today to vacuum. So, I lugged out the Tri-Star again (yes it still works!) and started vacuuming.
Soon I noticed the same "pile" was not getting picked up. "Great, the vacuum's broken" First I check the basket to see if it wasn't full, it wasn't. Then I sat down on the floor and took a look at the rotating head. Yep, it needs a "haircut", I pull out all the hair and string and whatnot. It's still not working, sit down again and feel around inside the head, dammit it's plugged up. I remembered Randy had just bought a package of skewers, so off I go to the kitchen. Well...they were RIGHT here!! After a 5 minute fruitless hunt, I send off a quick text to Randy. "In the Garage" he replies, so off I go, found 'em! I get a wooden skewer out and sit down on the floor again with the "enemy". After a sparring battle I manage to wrestle some debris loose enough to "reach" so I mindlessly put the skewer between my teeth to hold. I quickly remembered that it was just recently deep in the bowels of dirt. *Hack! Hack! Spit* After ten minutes of wrestling, the vacuum is now clear and working! I'm glad I only have one carpeted room to deal with (the kids do their own).
Seriously, companies should hire me in their Product Testing department. I'd find EVERY fault with their products!
"R & D Department - Please use thicker gauge rubber coating on all vacuum cords from now on. The Deafblind tester ran over the cord and stripped it down to the wiring"
"Swiffer Wet Jet Instructions - Do not use Jet Spray near cats to avoid any injuries to user"
"iRobot Instructions - Do not use in rooms that are pet "accident" areas. The robot will pick these up and smear it all around it's perimeter"
Yeah, I've avoided any major catastrophes and the house is clean.....for now....
One finds limits by pushing them" ~ Herbert Simon
While I was searching online for a cure for my Tinnitus I came across these crazy cures for Deafness and thought they were hilarious.
* Stick a twig in the ear and keep it there all day and night until the deafness is cured. (No but bump it & you'll be Deaf for sure)
* Heat your urine using two dishes, and use the water that boils off, in the ear. The water in the ear will stop the deafness. (Ewww)
* Climb up very, very high then suddenly jump down. The sharp fall will restore the hearing. (You probably won't mind the deafness after all your bones are broken)
* Take opium. The drug will cure deafness. (or be too high to care)
* Use Mercury drops or pills to cure deafness. (Sure, wait a while & you won't be deaf 'cuz you'll be dead from poisoning)
* Electricity therapy, send electrical currents into the ears. (Akin to electroshock therapy?)
There were a bunch more but they're in the "cure everything" category, such as bloodletting & fasting.
I'm so glad not to be living in those times.
Under My Fingertips
I have been Deaf & legally Blind since birth. I've been married to my hearing Husband for 15 years and we have 2 hearing children, a boy 14, and a girl 12.